More here: http://www.bnet.com/blog/salesmachine/the-32-dumbest-things-that-real-life-managers-said/17495?promo=665&tag=nl.e665
- “If you are on schedule, then your plan was not aggressive enough. If you are behind schedule, you must be goofing off.”
- “I’m sorry if I gave you the impression your input would have any effect on my decision."
- “Don’t worry, give it a try. You have nothing to fear but failure, demotion and termination.”
- “This marketing campaign will have a worldwide focus.”
- “Bonuses in my department are rewarded to team players who have demonstrated an appreciation for my leadership.”
- “I don’t want to force this decision on you. It would be much easier if you just agree.”
- “I’ve already made up my mind, but I am eager to hear everything you have to say on the matter.”
- “Next time, if you leave me an important voice mail message, do the right thing, call me and let me know it’s there.”
- “Fairness is applied evenly, according to my rules.”
- “I know there is a communication problem in my department. I just don’t want to talk about it.”
- “We have too many unproductive meetings. Please put aside next Wednesday to attend an all-employee staff meeting to discuss this issue.”
- “I know what the research reports says, but I have to go with my gut on this one.”
- “I don’t like to micro-manage, but I need to know everything that’s going on.”
- “I know that I am great leader. This department, however, needs help learning to follow.”
- “Just because you’re right more often than me, doesn’t mean you’d be a better manager.”
- “Whenever you have an idea, discuss it with me first, and if I feel it is a good idea, I’ll tell the others. You must learn to let me get credit for your good ideas. That’s what team work is all about.”
- “I think you prefer your idea JUST because it’s better than mine.”
- “It has come to may attention that your salary is well below the industry average. Therefore I am changing your title.”
- “I threw your suggestion away. Only managers can make suggestions.”
No comments:
Post a Comment