Friday, August 19, 2011

My Job is a Pain that I Fear I Might Lose

I could write a book
This stuff has been bugging me for years
Nobody should have so much control
over my life and my living
as these bosses
who spend more time getting their cars detailed
than they do working

I'm going to tell it all
Let them have it
Review the reviewers
Who put me through hell
One of these days the re-org is going to be on them
The management shuffles that they do
To make an appearance that they're doing something
But, right now I have to go to work

2 comments:

  1. Rant on! No, but really. Don't you have any good relationships wih a boss? What if you made that a goal, to develop a fantastic working relationship with your boss, to find joy and significance in achieving some great things together?

    Is that crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I have good relations with the boss and team I'm working for now, and I have worked on many fine projects during my fifteen years in the corporate environment. But, I ran into two projects over that time period that, in a very real sense, ruined my career. There are some experiences you never recover from. Maybe you learn something that is worth discussing, because so many people seem to have been damaged by similar abuses. I may relate the scenarios in some detail in this blog. We'll see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete