Here a quote on leadership from a noted trainer:
Leadership is one of my passions. So is teaching it. I’ve dedicated more than thirty years of my life to helping others learn what I know about leading. In fact, I spend about eighty days every year teaching leadership. In the last several years, I’ve taught about it on six continents. The subject is inexhaustible. Why? Because everything rises and falls on leadership. If you want to make a positive impact on the world, learning to lead better will help you do it. -- John C. Maxwell
I started reading one of this trainer's books a couple of years ago. It was interesting enough until I hit a chapter in which he describes an organization where he had to "clean house" before he could get anything accomplished. The group of people who were there when he took charge just wouldn't get with the program, so he maneuvered until he had gotten rid of all of them. Only then could he get on with his heady project of teaching leadership. The irony of a "life dedicated to helping others learn what I know about leadership" and sacking the entire staff of an organization when he took charge was evidently lost on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment